ORNATRIX/MAYA/UE5 | MAKING OF #1: Metahuman custom hair | STREAMOID

 



This is the first episode of Making of Hairstyles, which I created for  @StreamoidTechnologies  in Ornatrix Maya and then rendered on Metahuman in Unreal Engine 5.

ARTSTATION PROJECT Here we will talk about a project in Maya: ➡ about how I did baby hair and why I removed some of the hair in the back. ➡ Then we will talk about the main part of the hair. ➡ about how I colored this hair with a special brush in Ornatrix. ➡ How the ponytail was created ___ WHO AM I? Hi, I'm Andrew Krivulya Charly, a 3d-groom artist since 2016. New works can be viewed here I worked on environment art, interiors and more from 2009 to 2016. Check out some of my old work here ___ FULL TIMING: 0:00 - Greetings and what this lesson is about 0:15 - First of all, I'd like to tell you about the project in Maya. That is, this is the first iteration of the hairstyle as I created it for the first character. 0:25 - Let's start with the baby hair, here the client asked me to shave it in this area, and this is the first job where I was asked to do that, because usually - I leave it. 1:18 - Let's start with the basic hair. 2:06 - Now have a look at this object's modifiers. 2:10 - The HairFromGuides modifier is set to 200,000 hairs. 2:16 - Then I made some edits to the temples and back using an adjustment layer with Edit Guides. 2:31 - After that - I apply the Clump modifier with specific settings to create clumps along the guides. 2:43 - Next is the "Generate Strand Data" modifier, which I used to get the groups for the next "Edit Guides" modifier from the "Clump" modifier. 2:58 - Then, the SubClump modifier is applied with certain settings for additional processing of the clumps within the Clump modifier. 3:08 - Next is the Generate Strand Data modifier, which receives groups from the SubClump modifier. 3:15 - The next modifier is the Edit Guides modifier, with which I did some adjustments to some parts of the form. 3:26 - Next comes the Frizz modifier, followed by another step of editing the guides with the Adjustment layer, and then another Frizz to create an effect on the roots of the hair. 3:45 - After that comes another adjustment layer with the Edit Guides modifier, and to be honest, I can't remember what changes I made to it. 3:57 - Next, I used the "Generate Strand Data" modifier to color the hair in various layers, strands and other elements. 4:09 - Above is the "Edit Guides" modifier, where I created a custom hair color. 4:25 - Eventually, we decided to abandon this custom coloring because Ornatrix at the time had a bug that randomly colored hair red and green, and it was difficult to fix.This meant that you had to keep repainting your hair to correct the error, but each time you corrected it, it would reappear in a different place. 4:44 - I also use the "Change Width" modifier, with settings specifically designed for exporting to the Unreal Engine. 4:52 - The next modifier is the "Generate Strands Data" modifier, which plays an important role when exporting to Unreal Engine, as it provides the necessary data for the hair to be displayed correctly in the game engine. 5:05 - Now let's discuss the rest of the components I designed for it. 5:12 - To create the ponytail, I used a special mesh to which I attached it. I used 100 thousand hairs in the HairFromGuides modifier. 5:25 - Then I applied the Length modifier to correct and vary the length of the hair. 5:30 - Next, the Clump modifier is applied to guides with specific settings. 5:39 - Then, to get the necessary groups for the guides to edit, I applied the Generate Strand Data modifier. 5:45 - Next is the Edit Guides modifier, which I used to make minor edits. Next comes the SubClump modifier, and then immediately the Generate Strand Data modifier to get the necessary groups. 6:01 - Then I apply another Length modifier to randomize the length of the hair, and also some Frizz modifiers to give the hair a bit of chaos and realism. 6:11 - Next, another Generate Strand Data modifier is applied to dye hair in random colors using Random mode. 6:18 - Then, follow the Edit Guides modifier with the Paint layer on which I have drawn the specified color for the hair. 6:27 - Now, I am going to tell you how you can color your hair with this method. 6:34 - First, we use the Generate Strand Data modifier to create random groups for different guides. 6:43 - Choose the number of groups from 1 to 5, as this will be enough and you can color these groups to create melting or other interesting effects. 6:52 - That's all I wanted to show in this series. More to come ..... 6:56 - If you liked this video,don't forget to write about it in the comments, Put a "Like" and subscribe to the channel.And please watch this video until the end. 7:08 - Friends, if you need quality 3D hairstyle references, go to 3d.sk website.The site has two categories - Groom 3D Scans and Groom Photos.There aren't many scans on the site, but there are enough hair photos to start making something for your character already. 7:37 - Just a reminder, that you can become a channel sponsor and get a voice-over in another language, a collection of my references and a 100% discount on all my assets. Just click the Join button to do it. 7:50 - If this is your first time on this channel. Then here - you can learn all the tricks and secrets of 3D Grooming in Ornatrix.Also - get your questions answered and get inspired by references from the games.   8:05 - Subscribe and write in the comments - how long you do 3d and why you chose this field? What influenced this? 8:11 - If you like what I do...I would be very grateful for any donation - to Donatello at the link in the description and channel header.Buying my models on CGTrader or Artstation.as well as the purchase of any of the plugins at the linksin the attached commentary.What's in it for you?It's very simple.If enough money is collected per month...I will be able to devote my full time to creating lessons for you.That is - not three hours a day.Which...As you have already noticed...Not enough - for the fast release of new episodes. 8:45 - Also - don't forget to check out the Youtube community as I share there - all kinds of news.  Uploading answers to questions, talking about the time spent time on lessons, and so on. 8:58 - And, of course, don't forget about my Instagram.Where - I upload all my work and work in progress. ___ Enjoy watching! Best regards, Andrew Krivulya Charly. ___ MUSIC: Production Music courtesy of Epidemic Sound" www.epidemicsound.com ___ #ornatrix #maya #3dgrooming

Comments