Alembic Hair Creation Process (Realtime) - Series 7-20 - 14 Hours

Hello everybody!

This video pack includes all WIPs that I recorded on Patreon, but due to a leak I decided to post it on the channel. There is no usual editing, voice acting and so on ... Somewhere I didn't even insert music, because I didn't waste time on it.

The essence is simple. I continue to record the process of creating a hairstyle for the Unreal engine (Groom Plugin - Alembic Hair), which I will then use as a reference for creating haircards. And since Alembic is now gaining popularity, models are being sold and so on, I decided to cover two topics at once - in one project.


When I create an asset for myself, there are three stages to it.

1. Sculpted hair shape

2. Hair for rendering - as a reference and for Unreal Alembic Hair

3. Create haircards. This includes preparing the texture and the process itself.

In fact, all episodes from 7 to 20 are a large 14-hour stream, but I decided to divide it into parts, since it is easier to process the material and upload it to Youtube. At first I tried to load 14h - but there are always some errors popping up ... and usually, what I do for more than 1h is not absorbed by the people ... they start asking stupid questions that have answers in the video and so on ...

Yes, and I look through all the material in order to write the content, the description is much easier ...

I do not recommend turning off the sound of the video completely, as I periodically comment on something, give useful advice and share various tricks.

If you need content (timecode) - I wrote it in the description of each video. I also wrote what exactly is happening in the video.

On this project - I decided to experiment and explore the new tools that have recently appeared in Ornatrix 3 for Maya. I use Arnold Renderer purely to preview what I get.

Initially, I did everything out of my head, because I wanted to try to come up with something of my own. Then I realized that there is still not enough material in my brain and I need to collect references =) In the series, you can even see that at first - I don't show refs, and then - I use different of them. Mostly they are from the 3dsk website, I found some on Pinterest, and so on ...


Again - I'm not trying to repeat something - exactly. So it is not interesting, especially when the requirement at work is to come up with something of your own based on refs.

Also, starting with this video - I began to record everything in detail. Without missing anything .. Yes, this is a laborious and long process, but otherwise you will not learn .. I have avoided this moment for a long time, since I had to release a quick video so that the channel does not growth ... But lately, I realized one thing for myself ... I want people to be able to do the same after watching my videos ...

Therefore, I also created Patreon with a private Discord chat to help people, answer their questions, and give Feedback.

It's clear that all the same, my time is limited and I can't cover everything ... But I try. I really really want to tell and show a lot, and now - I started doing it. Again, if someone doesn't understand something .. Discord chat is always open for questions ... Unfortunately, I don't have time to monitor other sites ... Be understanding.

So let's go! Happy viewing!
















Comments