Learn How to Apply Color to Fur or Hair using Ornatrix/3ds Max/Vray

 



Are you interested in learning how to apply color to fur or hair using Ornatrix/3ds Max/Vray? If so, then this video is for you! In this tutorial, we'll walk you through the basics of using V-Ray Hair Mtl to add color to fur or hair, and 3ds Max and Vray to create the final render. In this tutorial, you'll learn how to use V-RayHairNextMtl to add color to Ornatrix fur or hair, and 3ds Max and Vray to create a final render. After watching this video, you'll be able to apply color to fur or hair using Ornatrix/3ds Max/Vray effectively! ___ Just a reminder that you can become a channel sponsor and get a 95% discount - on all my assets, voiceovers in another language, etc. It's enough to do it here Also, if this is your first time on this channel, I recommend watching its ___ WHO AM I? Hi, my name is Andrew Krivulya Charly and I am a 3d-artist who began my journey as a 3d-groom artist in 2016 New works can be viewed here Before that from 2009 - 2016 - I did environment art, interiors and many other things. You can see older works here ___ TIMING: 0:00 - Welcome and what will this video be about? 0:10 - How to become a channel sponsor and what do you get for it? 0:21 - If this is your first time on this channel? 0:31 - Don't forget to like, subscribe, and comment. 0:39 - I show you the object we are going to work with. You can create any other 0:44 - Demonstration of the textures that will be used in the lesson. You can also use any other textures. I chose these because subscribers had issues with displaying colors and the proper distribution of white and black. 0:52 - Drag and drop the textures into the Slate Material Editor and rename them differently so as not to get confused later. 1:04 - Creating VrayHairNextMtl 1:11 - To get the color from a texture, you first need to load it into the Diffuse Color Slot. 1:17 - And if your goal is to get 100% diffusion, then set Diffuse Amount = 1. 1:22 - Check what we get on the renderer. 1:40 - If we want to get a more realistic result with glitter, we need to decrease the Diffuse Amount to 0.3-0.5, and Melanin = 0. 1:48 - To keep the wool color intact, you must load the same texture into the Dye Color slot. 1:57 - We check another texture with black and white stripes. 2:05 - As you can see, everything works correctly. Where white is white wool, where black is black wool. 2:13 - Reducing the size of the wool to better see how Ornatrix is working out the colors. 2:24 - Subscribers have been asking why it works the other way around for them. Because the bug is that you load all the textures in the Melanin slot... If you do everything as I showed you, everything will work. 2:47 - In the next video we'll talk about Redshift. 2:50 - If you liked this video, don't forget to like it, subscribe to the channel and write a comment. 3:00 - If this is your first time on this channel, I'll tell you what it's about. 3:10 - Write in the comments, how long have you been doing 3D and why did you choose this field? 3:19 - If you like what I do - telling you how to support me. 3:33 - I explain what this will do for you. 3:48 - Don't forget to check out my Youtube community where I share all kinds of news. 4:00 - Don't forget about my instagram, where I share my work and in WIP. ___ CHANNEL SUPPORT: If you want to support this channel, then throw your donations here: ➡️Paypal ___ OTHER LESSONS: ➡️Ornatrix Cinema 4D ➡️Ornatrix Maya ➡️Ornatrix 3ds Max ➡️Octane ➡️Arnold ➡️Redshift ➡️Fstorm ➡️V-Ray ___ USEFUL LINKS: ➡️The main channel ➡️ARTSTATION ➡️Instagram ➡️Twitter ➡️Miscellaneous interviews and magazines with me ___ Enjoy watching! Sincerely, Andrew Krivulya Charly. ___ MUSIC: Production Music courtesy of Epidemic Sound" www.epidemicsound.com #ornatrix #vray #3dsmax #3dgrooming

Comments