Meta Human creator by Epic Games. My first character test.

 



Today I finally got access to MetaHuman creator from Epic Games. Anyone can get access. It is enough to go to the site - https://www.unrealengine.com/en-US/metahuman-creator  and click the "Request Access" button.


While this is beta and a lot is missing, but already very impressive. Firstly, I personally was impressed by the fact that the work is done in a browser and I did all this on a weak laptop with a Radeon video card - 2GB.


Secondly, the quality of the characters. It is very close to a real person .. These emotions, wrinkles, pores ... You really believe. And the most important thing is good quality hair. But of course, it will be more interesting to me when they give me the opportunity to import my own groom assets.


I have long dreamed of an editor that would allow me to create a full-fledged character for my hair so quickly in real time... Because really, to create a character of this quality, it takes at least a month ... well, maybe 3-4 for a very high-quality one. According to my fellow characters.And when you want to focus only on hair when customers have spoiled ready-made characters - somehow already spending a month on a character myself - I don't really want to =) Especially when you set yourself a goal - to make a lot of hair and wool ... And this also takes a lot of time ... so many nuances ... And here in a couple of clicks and oops - the character is ready. And then imported his hair and go next =)


Oh, just don't cry that the market for photorealistic characters will now fall ... everyone will be out of work, and so on ...


In short, I'm impressed. I'm waiting for a possibility to import my assets. =) And export it all to Unreal. For now - they don't allow you to export your creation =)


#metahuman #unrealengine #epic


Comments