Ornatrix UE 5: First launch and performance test in Unreal Engine 5

 


In this video - I run Ornatrix for Unreal Engine 5 and try to create something - to test performance and usability. In this case - 1 million hairs in HairFromGuides runs on my 3080(16GB) PC at 45-60 FPS, which is great for creating cinematics and more. Even if it was 5-10FPS - it's acceptable for work. I'm also testing a basic simulation. I've never done one before, so I just made some basic settings for the test. In this video - I didn't have a goal to create some awesome asset. Just testing different modifiers. In the future - of course - there will be detailed lessons with comments. But the settings I show you can easily use in your work. It is enough to experiment with them to achieve acceptable results. --- WHO AM I? Hi, my name is Andrew Krivulya Charly and I am a 3d-artist who began my journey as a 3d-groom artist in 2016 New works can be viewed here Before that from 2009 - 2016 - I did environment art, interiors and many other things. You can see older works here --- CONTENTS: 0:00 - Adding FurBall Preset to the object. 0:08 - Add SurfaceComb to adjust the direction of the hairs 0:25 - Entering 100K hairs to make it easier to see what's coming out. 0:29 - Add Clump to create bunches 0:55 - Adding SubClump to break up those bundles - into smaller ones. 1:17 - Adding Frizz to Clump 1:37 - Adding Frizz for overall shape 2:04 - Activating 1 million hairs. Be careful here, you should have a pretty powerful video card. In general - pick the value that's right for your PC. 2:22 - Converting Ornatrix Groom into Unreal Groom for the simulation test. 2:34 - Making basic simulation settings 3:34 - Going back to the Ornatrix object again to add Curling to create chaos and hair curl. 4:00 - Testing the simulation again on Unreal Groom. 4:14 - Changing the simulation settings. 4:30 - Testing performance with the new settings. --- CHANNEL SUPPORT: If you like what I do, I would be happy to have any support from you: ➡️Paypal Also, if you wish, you can buy different plugins from my partners. The link is in the attached comment. --- OTHER LESSONS: ➡️Ornatrix Cinema 4D ➡️Ornatrix Maya ➡️Ornatrix 3ds Max ➡️Octane ➡️Arnold ➡️Redshift ➡️Fstorm ➡️V-Ray --- USEFUL LINKS: ➡️Main channel ➡️Instagram ➡️Twitter ➡️Miscellaneous interviews and magazines with me --- Enjoy watching! Sincerely, Andrew Krivulya Charly. --- MUSIC: Production Music courtesy of Epidemic Sound" www.epidemicsound.com #ornatrix #ornatrixue #unrealengine #cggrooming

Comments