Mastering Metahuman Hair Painting with Ornatrix and Unreal Engine 5

 


In this video, I show how I created a complex hair painting in Metahuman using the Ornatrix plugin for Unreal Engine 5. I use the Vertex Hair Paint feature to paint the hair color directly on the hair model, allowing me to achieve a more accurate and realistic result. After finishing the painting, I demonstrate how to enable the display of the hair color in a special shader. This allows me to achieve a more realistic and natural look for the hair in my projects.


Throughout the video, I explain each step of the process in detail and provide tips to help you create your own Metahuman hair painting using Ornatrix. I also discuss some best practices for working with Vertex Hair Paint and shaders to help you achieve the best results.


Overall, if you want to learn how to create a beautiful and realistic hair painting in Metahuman using Ornatrix and Unreal Engine 5, then this video is for you!


___


Become a channel sponsor and get a 15%, 50%, 100% discount on all my assets.


It's enough to do it here


Also, if this is your first time on this channel, I recommend watching its trailer


___

WHO AM I?


Hi, I'm Andrew Krivulya Charly, a 3d-groom artist since 2016.


New works can be viewed here


I worked on environment art, interiors and more from 2009 to 2016. Check out some of my old work here

___

TIMING:


0:00 - Voiced by SteosVoice

0:03 - Greetings

0:08 - What are we going to talk about in this video?

0:20 - You can become a channel sponsor and get a 95% discount on all my Assets + can watch any video with different voice dub.

0:30 - Instructions for those who are new to this channel and want to support me.

0:41 - Don't forget to like and subscribe to the channel.

0:50 - So we have Metahuman and we want to dye her hair. What do we do?

0:58 - First, you have to select your character and activate the Ornatrix panel.

1:07 - After that - be sure to select Face Group.

1:10 - Convert Native Hair to Ornatrix Hair

1:22 - Add Edit Guides modifier

1:31 - To make things happen faster, I will select a certain part of the hair and hide the rest.

2:00 - Selecting Paint Brush

2:06 - Choose the right color and start painting

2:22 - Doing a complex paint job

2:41 - How do I dye just the selected part of my hair?

3:26 - Convert Hair to Native Hair

3:39 - How do we show the hair color we did?

4:46 - How do I keep dyeing my hair?

5:12 - If you liked the video - do not forget to like and subscribe to the channel.

5:22 - What is this channel about?

5:35 - Write in the comments - how long have you been doing 3D and what attracted you to this field?

5:40 - If you like what I do - telling you how to support me.

5:55 - What's in it for you?

6:11 - Don't forget to go to Youtube Community

6:22 - And, of course, subscribe to my Instagram.

___

CHANNEL SUPPORT:

If you want to support this channel, then throw your donations here:

➡️Paypal - artofcharly@gmail.com

➡️Donate

___       

USEFUL LINKS:


➡️The main channel

➡️ARTSTATION

➡️Instagram

➡️Twitter

➡️Miscellaneous interviews and magazines with me

___

Enjoy watching! 

Best regards, 

Andrew Krivulya Charly.

___

MUSIC:

Production  Music  courtesy  of  Epidemic  Sound" www.epidemicsound.com


#Metahuman #Ornatrix #UnrealEngine5 #hairpainting #3Dhair



Comments