Time to answer "Autodesk Maya - How do I download 2020.4 after subscribing?

Hello everyone!

Today I decided to make an experiment and try to answer one of your questions as soon as possible. This is in response to a complaint from one of my subscribers who claims that I do not answer simple and basic questions in a timely manner.

Some people may not realize that even the simplest questions take time to answer. Although a question may seem simple, it may take time to answer that I could be spending on other tasks or projects.

Therefore, please remember that even if a question seems elementary, it takes time and effort to answer. Respect other people's time and evaluate your requests to them.
I conducted an experiment to show that it is possible to answer questions quickly. However, this does not mean that everyone of you can now demand an instant answer. Please do not insist on quick answers, as it can be tiring and distract me from other tasks.

I hope that this experiment has shown you that it is important to be patient and wait your turn. If you cannot wait or feel that I have not met your expectations, I do not oblige you to stay here. You can always unsubscribe.

Value other people's time and let us respect each other.

How the answers are coming - read here


You are right, when I conducted this experiment, I did indeed postpone my current tasks to demonstrate that I could answer questions faster. But this does not mean that I am always free or have little to do.

I did this to clarify the situation once and for all and to show that while a quick response is possible, it should not become the norm. We are all busy and our patience and time is limited. Please respect others' time and do not demand immediate attention.

I believe most people are friendly, but that does not mean you can be rude and insistent. Let's respect each other and give others space to do their jobs.

That's right, creating video replies and editing them for posting on YouTube takes time and effort. I try to be efficient and include multiple questions in one answer to make the best use of my time and resources.

I understand that you may expect quick answers to your questions, but I want to explain that even simple questions can take time to prepare a quality answer. I try to answer questions via text or voice recording, but sometimes it takes preparation and time. That's why I set aside special days, such as Fridays, to answer questions.

Please be patient and remember that quality answers take time and effort.

For example, it took me 4 hours to create this video answer. If I had done it in standard time - on Friday - it would have taken me exactly 2 Fridays (first 3 hours + second (waiting 7 days) - another 1 hour) to send it to you. That is 8 days.

You are absolutely right that the time and effort required to answer 3D questions and to communicate on other topics are completely different. While casual conversations allow you to relax and unwind, answering technical questions requires concentration, analysis and often research.

I appreciate the opportunity to help and answer questions, but I can only do so within my schedule and the time I have available. I cannot constantly drop my work and sacrifice other aspects of my life to answer questions outside of specific times.

Please have patience and understanding. Do not confuse general communication with technical support, as they require different approaches and time. If additional clarification on this topic is needed, I am willing to write another article to explain the difference between these types of communication and the approach to answering questions.

If you want me to spend a whole day answering your questions, encourage your friends and acquaintances to subscribe to my Youtube Community. If the monthly income from subscriptions is $300 or more, I will be happy to make time for you. When you need more of my attention, you know what to do. It's that simple.
Please do not tell me that I am doing this for my own benefit. Explain to me why I should give up my job that pays me $300 a day to do something for you for free? I have a family to support, and I have to take care of our home, food, and other expenses. I thought that was obvious.

I already spend 3 hours a day recording lessons for you (FOR FREE). Sometimes even more, e.g. lessons without voice-over - this is my own enthusiasm. Your recording may take more than a full working day. I usually do it on weekends. For example, right now I could record another lesson in those 4 hours. Do you get it?

I set the subscription price at only $1 to make it accessible to everyone. I want to do good, and I believe I am doing good. I do not pay attention to bad people who are difficult to change (although I hope it is possible).

Although it may seem like this post was written specifically for you, it was not. I wrote it to help others understand that they should not do this. There are no easy questions, and I cannot drop everything for you. I am doing my best. If you do not see the point, that is your right. I will not argue any further because it is pointless. This is the first and last time I will make such a statement.

I hope that there will be no more childish behavior in the chat and that everyone will be understanding.

P.S. I hope it is clear why the picture shows 8 days. If you have any questions, please write in the comments - I will explain. Although I already wrote about it in the text...

That's all for now.

I wish you a good day and a good mood.

Best regards,

Andrew.

Comments