What is the process for preparing the response?

Hello friends!

Someone recently told me on Discord that I cannot answer even a simple question quickly, but I can find time to think about philosophical topics. But that was then... now I don't have time for that either =) This was the inspiration for this article.

I want to talk about the reasons why I can philosophize and take the time to do so, but I cannot answer simple questions quickly. We will talk about the workings of my brain and other details in another article.

Simply put, 3D issues require focus and attention. This may be easy for some people, but as someone who is passionate about the subject, it is difficult for me. On the other hand, philosophical chatter is a separate topic that does not require as much brain work.

I believe that my answers, lessons, and other materials can be useful not only to the person who asked the question, but to everyone else. This is important. Now I want to talk about how I prepare answers to the questions that I am asked in Telegram.

In fact, even simple questions often don't get a quick answer from me. I believe it is a complex process that requires time and focus. Let me explain why I feel this way.

If you write to me in Telegram, please keep in mind that I cannot answer all questions immediately. I get a lot of questions from different people and I try to answer them as soon as possible. However, sometimes it may take me longer to answer your question, especially if it is complex or requires additional information. I appreciate your patience and understanding and will do my best to answer your question as soon as possible.

That's why I organized the queue.

No matter how simple and understandable your question is, I will still put it in the queue for answers. This is because I respect the time and expectations of other people who are also waiting for their answers. Thank you for your patience and understanding.


I can't answer questions 24/7, so each question takes a certain amount of time. Even the simplest question like "How and where can I download Maya?" I can't answer immediately, even if there is an official answer to that question.

Today I did an experiment to show that even such a simple question takes a certain amount of time to answer. Why is this the case? Let's find out together.

How long did it take to answer the question "Where can I download Maya 2020.4? You can find out here.

So how does one do the preparation of an answer?

___

1. Recording video is a time-consuming process that takes time and effort. I record videos when I have free time, but I need to take breaks every 45 minutes to stretch. I usually allow three hours for this. Exactly how long it takes to record a particular answer depends on the complexity of the question and how long it takes to prepare and set up the answer.

2. Preparing a video for upload to YouTube is an important step that requires additional time and effort. After recording a video response, I need to make additional settings, such as adjusting the sound levels and sound quality settings. In addition, I always add an introduction at the beginning of the video where I talk about the topic I will be discussing. This is important for YouTube SEO, as the first few seconds of the video are very important in grabbing viewers' attention.

I do not seek personal gain in my activities. I want as many people as possible to see my answers. To achieve this goal, I try to do everything right on YouTube so that my videos are well promoted. Therefore, I pay special attention to the preparation of the videos so that they look professional and attractive to viewers.

3. Exporting video is also a process that requires time and computer resources. Even a short video of 30 seconds may take some time to export. Longer videos may take even longer to export. Even if your laptop is powerful, the speed of exporting depends on many factors, such as the size and format of the video, the presence of special effects and filters, and the computer resources available at the time. In some cases, exporting may take longer than usual due to various factors, such as CPU overload or limited hard disk space.

4. Uploading a video to YouTube is also a process that takes time and effort. If the video is longer than an hour, it can take a whole day to process. In this case, the quality may not be very high to begin with, and additional time will be required to achieve HD quality. In addition, if you are using non-standard screen recording, it may also take additional time to process the video.

Video processing is a process that cannot be done in seconds. Considering that I only have 3 hours to create a video, this process can take more time and be pushed to the next week. The number of weeks required to create and upload a video may vary from case to case. I indicate the time it took to create a lesson in the "Lesson Time" tag in the YouTube community.

5. Video formatting on YouTube is an important step that can help improve your video's visibility and appeal to viewers. Video formatting includes elements such as description, tags, English and Ukrainian translation, title, and more. All these elements help viewers find the video and understand what it is about.

I could just send the video to Telegram without any formatting, but I do not think it will be an effective way to promote the video. I have done this in the past and the results were disappointing. So now I do it differently: I do not publish a video until I have fully formatted it, and I do not allow anyone to preview it.


6. Video Distribution. I also take the time to distribute my videos. This includes posting them on various platforms that can help promote my videos. Some of these platforms may be outdated and require HTML formatting and BB codes, which I don't particularly like. Also, some of them require special covers and other materials. All of this can take a lot of time and complexity, but in the end, it helps promote my content.

Thanks to the PR, even more people will see the answers to the questions, which means they will no longer have these questions to ask me =) The more answers, the happier everyone is.

This is how the whole process of answering questions works. Now you know where the time goes, and I hope there will be no more complaints about why I answer so slowly or why I cannot answer your question right away.

Why don't I write answers with text and pictures?

Believe me, I have tried. It takes much more time than recording a video. At the same time, sometimes it is much easier to explain in a video. Then the person will have fewer questions and everything will be much clearer.

Why am I so sure? Well, I have been answering questions, writing to customer support, etc. since 2016. And I have long since come to the conclusion that it is better to explain in a video than to write in text.

For me, text is a huge waste of time. Every minute is precious. I have already calculated that I can do a lot in one minute. For example, write part of the subtitles, edit the image, or do something else useful.

I have learned to manage my time - thanks to this I can do everything I need. This is the answer to the question: "How do I manage to do everything and where do I get so much time for everything? It's simple. I control every minute and see where I spend it.

And the philosophy and all that - that's already in another article, which will also come out soon. =)

I hope you can understand me now.

Peace and positivity to all!

Best regards,,

Andrew

Comments