Ornatrix Features #39 - Record button in Animation Cache to make keyframe animation in Maya

 


In this video, I show a feature in Ornatrix Maya that subscribers have been asking for a very long time. It's the ability to animate hair without simulation - frame by frame. When you can change the shape somehow with any tools and set a key, then go to another frame and make more changes. After that, you interpolate the frames and get a smooth transition animation from one state to another. 


Animation Cache and the new Record Frame button are used for this.

---

The purpose of the series - quickly show something interesting and useful related to this plugin. 


I do not spend time on the voiceover, as there are already basic lessons - which also need to do =) But since - I do not upload them very often, need to do something else - to grow the channel.

---


Just a reminder that you can become a channel sponsor and get a 95% discount - on all my assets, voiceovers in another language, etc.


It's enough to do it here


Also, if this is your first time on this channel, I recommend watching its trailer


---

WHO AM I?


Hi, my name is Andrew Krivulya Charly and I am a 3d-artist who began my journey as a 3d-groom artist in 2016


New works can be viewed here


Before that from 2009 - 2016 - I did environment art, interiors and many other things. You can see older works here


---

TIMING:


0:00 - Select HairFromGuides and assign Animation Cache over it.

0:12 - Save the first frame with the Record Current Frame button

0:19 - Move the animation slider to frame 30. You can animate frame by frame if you like. Here I want to show how interpolation between frames works.

Change the shape of hair in Edit Guides. Just combing it. You can also do any manipulation in Edit Guides with any tools. 

0:38 - Saving the resulting frame.

0:40 - Checking what we got.

1:04 - Here I decided to assign the Surface Comb modifier, because with it you can quickly set the direction of hair and its length with special manipulators. Again, you can assign any modifier for your experiments.

1:06 - Using the Sink Tool - I create additional guides.

1:13 - Saving the frame again and seeing what happens.

1:21 - For frame 60 - I change the shape again.

1:41 - I do 500 frames to have more creativity.

2:32 - I add Edit Guides on top of Surface Comb to take the shape into account and edit the hair instead of the guides. Then I experiment with the shape by adding different iterations in different frames.

6:04 - Watching the resulting animation. Then it's up to your imagination. You can animate whatever you want. Drop your experiments in the comments.

---

PREVIOUS SERIES:


➡️34

➡️35

➡️36

➡️37

➡️38


---   

CHANNEL SUPPORT:


If you want to support this channel, then throw your donations here:


➡️Paypal


---       

OTHER LESSONS:


➡️Ornatrix Cinema 4D

➡️Ornatrix Maya

➡️Ornatrix 3ds Max

➡️Octane

➡️Arnold

➡️Redshift

➡️Fstorm

➡️V-Ray


---

USEFUL LINKS:


➡️The main channel

➡️ARTSTATION

➡️Instagram

➡️Twitter

➡️Miscellaneous interviews and magazines with me

---

Enjoy watching! 

Sincerely, Andrew Krivulya Charly.


---

MUSIC:


Production  Music  courtesy  of  Epidemic  Sound" www.epidemicsound.com


#ornatrix #maya #3dgrooming #ornatrix_for_maya



Comments