Ornatrix/Maya: Instructions for the scene to work with HairCards.

 


This is a video tutorial for a scene I posted on ARTSTATION because subscribers asked for it.


You can buy the scene here


It will be more useful to those who are just beginning their journey - in Realtime hair grooming and still afraid to dive into the maze of Coiffure. 


The scene includes - sliced haircards from textures + all the maps needed for Unreal, Marmoset and so on... 


All you have to do is to start creating hair planes from this preset. I showed you how to do it approximately in this video tutorial. 


Also - you can watch all the material in this playlist


As my subscribers have shown - the lessons in this playlist are enough to start making your own HairCards =)


About Branching in 3ds Max - you can watch this video


Just a reminder that you can become a channel sponsor and get a 95% discount - on all my assets, voiceovers in another language, etc.


It's enough to do it here


Also, if this is your first time on this channel, I recommend watching its trailer

---

WHO AM I?


Hi, my name is Andrew Krivulya Charly and I am a 3d-artist who began my journey as a 3d-groom artist in 2016


New works can be viewed here


Before that from 2009 - 2016 - I did environment art, interiors and many other things. You can see older works here 


---

TIMING:


0:00 - Demonstration of a scene with basic textures

0:07 - Demonstration of the textures that are included in the archive with the scene

0:48 - Showing the haircards I created from these textures

1:10 - How do I start creating haircards on a scalp? 

1:55 - How do I create a layer without Branching?

2:16 - How do I apply a haircard preset to guides?

3:17 - Demonstrating drawing haircards - based on one guide using the new "Create" tool.

4:03 - Which Proxy to use for FlyAway?

4:15 - How to prepare an Asset for export to UE, Marmoset, etc.?

4:50 - How to get the right number of triangles?


---


CHANNEL SUPPORT:


If you like what I do, I would be happy to have any support from you:


➡️Paypal


Also, if you wish, you can buy different plugins from my partners. The link is in the attached comment. 

---  

Enjoy watching! 

Sincerely, Andrew Krivulya Charly.

---

MUSIC:

Production  Music  courtesy  of  Epidemic  Sound" www.epidemicsound.com

#ornatrix #haircards #realtimehair #hairforgames

Comments