Ornatrix/Maya/V-Ray grooming for character "Commander" from Samir Mir. Part 5

 

This is the fifth episode of Ornatrix Maya and V-Ray hairstyling for the "Commander" character Samir Mir.

In this video:

➡️ I continue working with guides and different modifiers, as well as rendering a little in V-Ray - analyzing the result.

Just a reminder that you can become a channel sponsor and get a 95% discount - on all my assets, voiceovers in another language, etc.

It's enough to do it here

Also, if this is your first time on this channel, I recommend watching its trailer

---

WHO AM I?

Hi, my name is Andrew Krivulya Charly and I am a 3d-artist who began my journey as a 3d-groom artist in 2016

New works can be viewed here -https://www.artstation.com/artofcharly

Before that from 2009 - 2016 - I did environment art, interiors and many other things. You can see older works here - https://bit.ly/31xmZsi

---

TIMING:

0:00 - Greetings and what this series will be about.

0:48 - Continuing to work with the guides

1:05 - Isolating a paired group of guides, because that's how I feel more comfortable working with them. Hiding the other guides so they don't get in the way.

1:19 - Assigning another group to these guides. This is done so that it was convenient to select them and the guides visually differ from each other - also for convenience. The different colors make it easier to control intersections.

1:36 - Adding an even number of guides. From my observations, this is how you get the best interpolation of the hair. And if you do Clump by Guides - it's easier to control everything. I've already said that Ornatrix - there are no clear rules on how to do everything. It's very flexible - in that respect.

9:41 - Here, I've turned on the mask to check - the correct placement of the guides.

12:20 - Checking the result on the renderer and adjusting the V-Ray Hair Mtl.

12:32 - Analysis of the reference. I can see now that the hairstyle turned out - more lush than in the original.

13:13 - Correcting the top of the hairstyle.

18:14 - Fixing the hair mask

19:49 - Looking at the back of the head and comparing it to the reference. Making edits.

22:40 - Adding variety to Clump - using the mask.

26:40 - Working on the Temples.

28:20 - Fixing the forehead hair.

30:27 - See what came out of these iterations.

30:53 - Don't forget to write a comment. Even a simple "thank you" is enough. It helps me promote my videos. Also, like and share the video with your friends.

30:57 - To be continued...

---   

CHANNEL SUPPORT:

If you want to support this channel, then throw your donations here:

➡️Paypal

--

➡️PLAYLIST WITH ALL THE EPISODES

---       

OTHER LESSONS:

➡️Ornatrix Cinema 4D

➡️Ornatrix Maya

➡️Ornatrix 3ds Max

➡️Octane

➡️Arnold

➡️Redshift

➡️Fstorm

➡️V-Ray


---

USEFUL LINKS:

➡️The main channel

➡️Instagram

➡️Twitter

➡️Miscellaneous interviews and magazines with me

---

WHO AM I?


Hi, my name is Andrew Krivulya Charly and I am a 3d-artist who began my journey as a 3d-groom artist in 2016


New works can be seen here


Before that from 2009 - 2016 - I did environmental art, interiors and many other things. You can see old works here

---

Enjoy watching! 

Sincerely, Andrew Krivulya Charly.

---

MUSIC:


Production  Music  courtesy  of  Epidemic  Sound" www.epidemicsound.com

#maya #cg_grooming #ornatrix #charlytutors

Comments