How does the process of creating a lesson go?



____

Hello, everyone!

In this article I want to tell you how the process of creating a tutorial goes and why it takes so long. Many people were interested and that is why I decided to write this article.

So, every day - I set aside 3 hours and record one theme - until I produce an episode. Then I move on to the next one. And so - in a circle =)

In the process of recording the tutorial - I write the time spent. In this case, these 3h - includes not only its recording, but also communication with subscribers, video promotion on the channel and so on... (if we collect donates for a day or more for the recording - then on such days, I record only the lesson and all the time I spend only on it)

As my Youtube colleagues told me - it's a very short time to create such content... Yes, I think you can see that yourself.

And plus, I'm a living person, so every 45 minutes - I take a break for 15 minutes, so as not to die =)

Then the information that I noted to myself about time-costs - I use the tag - #time_for_lesson and write about it in my Youtube community.

The process of creating a tutorial consists of these steps:


→ 1. Recording a lesson is like a live-stream that I launch on a channel in which I don't pay much attention to sound and sometimes don't even record my voice. This stage also includes projecting ideas, experimenting, and recording a test video. If I like everything, I move on to the second stage. And what I get, I put on the channel as a stream. Of course, for small lessons I do not make streams, because I do not see the point and they come out faster.


→ 2. Then comes the dubbing and editing. 

At this step, I work with fragments that have already been recorded and dubbed. I listen to the recorded material, correct mistakes, form normal coherent sentences, and voice them with the same intonation. Sometimes I remove parts of the material that don't make it into the final version. If I don't have dubbed material, I first review the video in Premiere and write subtitles for AI dubbing. This step can also involve watching the video, which can last anywhere from 2 to 3 hours or more.

An example of a small piece of editing:



That is, I don't like speeding up the whole video - because it's not comfortable to watch. When the camera flashes fast and some actions happen with it. But. If you speed up only moments in one perspective - before the camera turns - everything is comfortable enough. That is, I watch such moments and accelerate them by 500%. As a result - the video gets faster, but at the same time - it is very comfortable to watch =) Plus now I've stopped doing voice-over, and directly write the text, which is then voiced by the AI. I think you've already noticed that there's a trailer on the channel with this voiceover =) I also make sure that the instrument selection is not accelerated. That is, the moment when the tool is selected has a speed of 100%, and then the process of combing or other modification of the guide - accelerate to the moment of turning the camera or again select another tool. 

→ 3. Voice check and voicing with AI. 

I do voice-overs with CyberVoice AI. First I write subtitles in russian, because it's easier for me to think in russian. I am a russian-speaking Ukrainian and was born in a russian-speaking family. Yes, I can easily communicate in English and Urkanian, but in the morning, when my brain is not yet fully awake, it's easier for me to think in my language... DeepL I use to translate faster and not waste time thinking about translation. I mean, we all remember that I do this in the morning and it's hard for my brain to think. So I use this translator to speed up the process. After all, the goal is to release the lesson quickly. Then when the voiceover is ready I write Ukrainian subtitles, again using DeepL. Although Ukrainian is my second and native language, I still find it easier to express my thoughts in russian... So I use this translator to save a lot of time.

Then I upload those subtitles to my friends' program and it dubbed the video in Ukrainian. And believe me - now I'm doing the tutorial a lot faster than before - when I dubbed myself. On the voiceover with a microphone and my voice - it took much more time =) So I gave it up for a quick release.

This is such a time-consuming process. I think, at least now, you'll begin to understand a little bit, why everything goes so long and the lessons do not come out packs a week =) And why I need your support to speed up the process - in the way of buying the models, donations and so on.


That's why so many people love my lessons and the audience is growing. There are a million lessons with lousy voiceover and I don't want to do that, even if it speeds up the creation process... Because I'm not satisfied with the simple quality and what you get without editing. There's a lot of unnecessary water... I am not a professional speaker, and I don't want this to hinder the perception of the lesson. That is why I do editing. Of course after the leaks on Patreon - I uploaded a lot of material in raw form, but the next one I do by the standard workflow.

To get an approximate idea of how this process works, you can watch this video.



→ 4a. Check. 

I watch the 10-15 minute video again to make sure everything is okay. Sometimes it comes out to 30.

→ 5. Music - I add music, do mastering, so everything sounds more or less and the voice can be heard, too.

→ 6. Exporting the tutorial to Youtube with link access... that is, as long as no one sees it there...

→ 7. View lesson, create descriptions, tags, and other SEO stuff. 

→ 8. Captions. that is, watch it all over again. Translation into other languages. The languages were formed from the analysis and requirements of foreigners =) This is in case anyone is wondering why I do multiple language captions.

→ 9. Releasing the tutorial on Youtube and moving on to recording another WIP and all the stages again in a circle =)

Since I focused on telling the whole process from scratch to the final, it started to take more time and the lessons started to come out less often a month. I try to cover every nuance and not leave anything out - that's what takes up a lot of time. After all, I want after my tutorials - you did the same great work and also hit the trends, have clients and so on ...

If you have any questions while watching the tutorials - you can always ask them under any Youtube video.

I hope you understand now how time consuming this process is and why it all takes so long... and why I want to get you to buy my models or do everything I say in the channel trailer and influence the acceleration so that I share even more knowledge with you and it doesn't take years.

That's all I wanted to write here.

Thanks for watching and best wishes and good mood.

Best regards,

Andrew Krivulya Charly.



Comments