On the way to CG Grooming. My Story. Episode 1 - 2016 - First haircut in Ornatrix

 


Artstation - https://www.artstation.com/artwork/4RNDL

My very first hair work, which I did in 3 hours - after a week of studying Ornatrix. Just by poking around came to this result. Yes, I already had experience from 2009 to 2016 (7 years in 3d) and maybe during that time - I had developed an instant grasp of information on the fly - I don't know... But Ornatrix is so simple, it wasn't difficult. There weren't even any tutorials at the time, and I didn't even look at them. I just read the documentation and asked some questions to the creators from time to time.
As a result - the work gets to the famous magazine in England - 3D Artist, in the top 3 best works of the month (2nd place) and I get my first order from Disney, as well as a profile on the 3D Artist site, which had 10k views, for two days - gained almost 200k =) and after a week - there were almost 700k views.
Site unfortunately deleted, because they merged with the blog - CreativeBlog, but I saved a screenshot, which still lies in my profile achievements.

Yes, there are mistakes in the work and it is not ready for animation. But 3 hours, only 3 hours spent on it, after a week of study - led me to this result and if we talk about the technical side - then I did not understand what I was doing. I did not think - no guides in Edit Guides, but just combed out the hair, as it turned out and all ... Applied different modifiers and voila ... work goes in the famous magazine =) This is now - pure luck, but it can not go far away...
I didn't become Senior Groom Artist right away =) just really, in the beginning of my journey - I tried so hard to be everywhere active: in every group, forum and so on =) even before artstation =) so maybe people noticed me. Our people were always whining: "damn, you're annoying... you're everywhere, you're too much"... But I did not pay attention and continued to pump my skill and shine it to the world. I worked hard and didn't get lazy.
That's how, with this job - my journey began =) I want to show the whole story in this profile...

Comments