On the way to CG Grooming. My Story. Episode 3 - 2017 - ShiDo Grooming

 




***

2017 - I started coming up with my huge project called "The Forester and His Friends" and it's friend "ShiDo."

Why such a strange name and how did I come up with it? Look, it's very simple. Sheep+Dog(ShiDo) is a mixture of a dog and a sheep. Shido is the best friend of Frank the forester, about whom I will tell you more - in one of the posts. I never finished creating all the characters, because there were a lot of abmissions and not enough skills =) I might come back to this project someday.

The character was inspired by different ones from the Internet + a little bit of my own imagination = the result.

Again - in this project I did everything myself. As I said before - I was rushing through all aspects in 3D at the time =) I wanted to embrace everything and have time for everything =) Even got into animation a bit, but never got around to implementing projects with it.

It's a terrible dissipation that doesn't lead to anything good =) But it was interesting and yet - if I hadn't tried different areas - I never would have found my favorite one, which I dive into with all my soul and do with love.

So don't be afraid to experiment and spend time on different things - if you're interested. After all, having tried everything and everywhere - you'll find your way, your favorite thing. The main thing is to stop in time or not to stop - you decide =)

By the way, all the old works, from 2009 to 2016, you can check here

Before Grooming - I was doing a lot of things, so coming into this field - it was easy for me to present my work, because I already had the skills to work with lighting, characters, interiors, exteriors and other things.

Some subscribers who have seen this work say that this character looks something like me. Ahaha. Did you see the resemblance? Write a comment about it =)

In fact - this is the first fur, and character - which I did in Maya and rendered in Arnold. Yes, and with the grass then suffered =) My first experience with MASH Scatter.

I had to learn a lot, but it was worth it. Then - I got what I wanted and wanted =) The truth is, now I look at it and many moments would redo...

Like I said - in every single work, I always set a goal for myself - to get better, to learn something new, and to challenge myself again.

That's what I keep doing. In fact, in my lessons, I don't just share my experience and show you what I already know. Most often - I start a project where I want to learn something new, test a new workflow in Ornatrix and show you. After all, almost every month new tools are added =) Or I learn something new that I actively apply in my work.

As for ShiDo - he likes to eat grass, stay awake a long time and just run around the field - to get butterflies. His eyes tell us that he is very kind and cheerful, and of course he is not a fan of sleep.

By the way, in some places - you can notice the gaps, which I then long struggled with, but did not understand how to solve this point. It is now I know that I just had to increase the amount of wool and add some guides in these places.

I won't say too much about how I did the job - because you can see the Making Of - which I threw above.

Comments